Body wraps and scrubs are an important part of a wellness routine. The goal is to remove impurities, rejuvenate the skin and improve the skin’s overall appearance. As the Houston humidity rises and we bare more skin, it is a good time to get a body scrub or wrap.
Here are some of the different types of body treatments available so you can decide which one might be best for you:
Detoxifying Body Wraps
Detoxifying body wraps are designed to eliminate toxins from the body and promote overall well-being. These wraps typically involve the application of a specialized clay, mud, or seaweed mixture to the entire body. The Greenhouse Day Spa’s Seaweed Gel Wrap helps to hydrate, reduce fluid levels and can refine the contours of the body,. As the skin absorbs the natural minerals and nutrients, impurities are drawn out. Detoxifying body wraps can also aid in improving skin texture and reduce the appearance of cellulite.
Hydrating Body Wraps
If you are outside during any season, your skin is exposed to sun, wind, and the elements. This dehydrates and can prematurely age the skin. Hydrating body wraps infuse intense moisturization and nourishment. These wraps often feature ingredients like aloe vera, shea butter, or essential oils. Our Rose Mud Wrap features sun-dried rose to retain its purity. By enveloping the body in a richly hydrating cocoon, the skin’s natural moisture barrier is restored, resulting in soft, supple, and rejuvenated skin. Hydrating body wraps are an excellent choice if you have dry, delicate, weathered, or aging skin.
Slimming and Firming Body Wraps
Slimming and firming body wraps are popular among individuals aiming to achieve a more toned and sculpted appearance. These wraps typically employ ingredients such as caffeine, green tea extracts, or herbal formulations. By stimulating circulation and promoting lymphatic drainage, slimming and firming body wraps can help reduce the appearance of bloating and promote the breakdown of fat cells. The result is a smoother, firmer, and more contoured physique.
Sugar or Salt Body Scrubs
Body scrubs are designed to scrub away impurities and remove dead skin cells. Using the Spa’s custom blended body scrub, skin is buffed and then scrubbed to increase circulation. After a scrub, the body is thoroughly moisturized with custom blended lotion, making skin baby soft.
Benefits of Body Wraps
- Skin Rejuvenation: Body wraps can enhance the appearance and health of the skin by exfoliating, hydrating, and nourishing the body, leaving the skin glowing and refreshed.
- Detoxification: Detoxifying body wraps aid in eliminating toxins from the body, promoting a healthier and more balanced internal environment.
- Stress Relief: The relaxation provided by body wraps offers a much-needed respite from the stresses of daily life, allowing for mental rejuvenation and improved overall well-being.
- Circulation and Lymphatic Stimulation: Many body wraps promote circulation and lymphatic drainage, aiding in reducing fluid retention, cellulite appearance, and enhancing overall body tone.
- Muscle Relaxation: Body wraps often incorporate heat therapy, which helps relax muscles, reduce muscle tension, and alleviate soreness.
What to Expect When You Get a Body Scrub or Wrap
- Body scrubs are usually done before massage to exfoliate your skin and open pores. It can make the massage more effective.
- Make sure the skin is clean to better prepare for exfoliation.
- Don’t rub the skin. Pat skin dry instead to avoid irritation.
- Apply additional body lotion since your skin will be more receptive to products plus it will help to protect your skin against impurities and dryness.
- Exfoliation can be done up to 3 times a week.
Though not as well-known as massages and facials, the mental and physical benefits of body scrubs and wraps are just as beneficial. We look forward to sharing the transformative effects of these treatments.